Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Homosexuality

Hello all,

I created this blog per the suggestion of my closest friend since childhood, whom I grew up with in Chicago, Illinois, Kevin, who is heterosexual.

He suggested it today, after he and I, had a lengthy, profound, very serious dialogue, via phone, concerning my homosexuality, and sexuality in general.

I now reside in New York City (Brooklyn). I am a 38 year old African-American homosexual male.

During our discourse, many points of sexuality (hetero-homo-bi, trans-gender, transvestite, hermaphrodite) were discussed.

As well as: pædophilia, rape, incest, sado-masochism, sodomy, incarcerated/situational sex, gay marriage/legal issues. socio-political, societal perspective: homophobia, misinformation, uneducation, undereducation, myths, taboos, moires, fallacies, ignorance, hypocrisy and contradictions, concerning the aforementioned.

The scientific/academic analysis of sexuality/homosexuality was also discussed: genetic causation, environmental, social conditioning.

My purpose and intent of this blog, is to provide an intelligent venue in which a forum to educate, discuss, debate, enlighten others/all.

I wish to elevate the level of cogniznace on the subject of homosexuality, as well as sexuality and its myriad manifestations.

The opinions I post, are mine, my beliefs due to my knowledge and experiences, or cited references thereof...

To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man. - William Shakespeare

nosce te ipsum (know thyself) - Socrates

I welcome the mature, intelligent questions, suggestions, commentary and opinions of all...

Any malicious content is unwelcome, and will be immediately removed.

Havethetime

4 comments:

shayshay said...

"Let the world know you as you are,
not as you think you should be,
because sooner or later,
if you are posing,
you will forget the pose,
and then where are you?"
-FANNY BRICE
I stumbled across this saying in O Magazine. When I read this it struck a chord with me.
Far too many times we try to conform to society's ideal.
But to do so forces us to compromise who we really are.
We must learn to love ourselves as we are at the moment.
It is what it is and I am who I am.
Love me as I am or leave me as I am!

Havethetime said...

This applies to myself, James McGreevey, John Amaechi, and all men and women regardless of sexual orientation.

All people in the world should adhere to this maxim: Be true to yourself, and others.

shayshay said...

"One of the greatest feelings in life is the conviction that you have lived the life you wanted to live - with the rough and the smooth, the good and the bad - but yours, shaped by your own choices, and not someone else's."
- Michael Ignatieff

Havethetime said...

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!

- Martin Luther King, Jr